A few weeks ago we booked a room at a bed and breakfast in Australia’s Snowy Mountains. Skiing in Australia is a bit hit or miss. You can luck out and get powder days or you can slide down a hill of ice. Definitely hard to predict. Well, the stars must have aligned when we booked our Air BnB because it has been dumping for days and will continue to snow when we get on the slopes. In preparation for our ski weekend, I wanted to whip up some cookies that I could pack in my backpack and eat on the slopes. I’ve been trying to put together a high fat, low carb chocolate chip cookie for a seriously long time. I’ve had some epic fails – hard as a rock, tasteless. One tray even melted all together in a weird cookie pancake. I almost gave up. The tipping point here is the milk… Without the milk, they were too dry. Now, these cookies are just perfect. So perfect I just broke my fast an hour early and ate 3. The good thing is my chocolate chip cookies are loaded with good fats, collagen protein and just a little sugar from the chocolate. I don’t have to exercise self-control, I am allowed to eat cookies for brunch. #fuckyeah!
Makes about 20 cookies
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp Brain Octane or XCT Oil
- 1/3 cup xylitol
- 2 tbsp Collagen Protein Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups fine ground almond meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup milk (I used a coconut/almond blend from a carton)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips with high cocoa content 70% is good
- Place the egg in a mixing bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Slowly add in coconut oil, vanilla, and xylitol as you continue to whisk.
- Add the baking soda, salt, collagen protein and almond meal in batches and continue to mix with a spoon until dough is coarse.
- Mix in the milk.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Preheat Over to 180 F (350 C)
- Using a tablespoon, make balls with the dough and place balls is the refrigerator for 40 minutes.
- Put your balls on a cookie sheet lined with baking paper.
- Gently flatten balls.
- Bake 15-18 Minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and eat!
I love snowboarding but often look forward to eating and Irish Coffees (fat kid) at the end of the day even more than the skiing. It’s the prize I keep in mind when I’m traversing and/or my legs are burning!!! These Good Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies will go great with my Bulletproof in the morning and my Irish Coffee in the afternoon.